Position Title: Fitness Instructor
Reports To: Program Coordinator
FLSA Status: Part-Time; Non-Exempt
Salary: $20 - $25/hr.
Last Update: January 2024
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Fitness Instructor is responsible for the supervision and coordination of participants in the classes offered. They are also responsible for effectively organizing activities for adults and providing fun and exciting fitness classes each month.
- Provide a new fitness routine for a weekly class.
- Communicates with Program Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Provides a supply list to the Program Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Works with individuals of all ages and different interests.
- Prepares and cleans up for each fitness class.
- Teaches one to two fitness classes on a weekly basis.
- Maintains class rosters and takes payments when necessary.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent knowledge, skill, or development in the arts and crafts department.
- Some experience preferred.
- Any type of fitness certification.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Communicate thought and objectives in written and verbal form.
- Must show a high interest and ability in being active and creating suitable courses for adults.
- Work independently and must be flexible and dependable.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Strong customer service skills and frequent interaction with the public.
- Build strong relationships with individuals and organizations in the Spring Hill community.
- Must be able to work evenings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently stoop, kneel, crouch or bend. Manual labor, including lifting and carrying heavy objects, as heavy as 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in an indoor environment.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview, background, and reference check. Job related tests and information may be required.
The Spring Hill Recreation Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant/employee with a disability as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act may request an accommodation to perform the functions of this position. Requests should be directed to the Director.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.